Sunday, December 21, 2014

"Why?"

We had to have 4 kids before we finally got a "why"er in the family.  You know, the child that asks "why?" approx. 65 times a day about everything under the sun.  Jameson is that child in our family.  He asks questions all. day. long.  He asks a lot questions that don't really have an answer so I find myself saying, "Because that's just how it is" more often than not.  Deep thoughts, Hilary, deep thoughts.  We knew once he started talking we weren't going to be able to get him to stop and we were right.  Jameson truly has the gift of gab.

Britton had both a piano recital and an orchestra concert on the same night this last week.  Fortunately his piano teacher scheduled the recital for 5 p.m. so students could make 7 p.m. concerts if need be.  Britton's piano teacher, Annette, is very experienced and has about 60 students so I was very grateful that all of the students played duets for the recital.  Genius idea. We got done twice as fast and the Christmas music sounded all fancy and stuff because there were 4 hands playing instead of just two.  Britton did a great job, but I wasn't able to get a still picture because I filmed it instead. 

Next up was Britton and Jenna's orchestra concert at school.  I tried to take a picture of them after it was over, but J-mo couldn't let an opportunity to photo bomb pass him by.


Britton still laughing at Jameson's antics.
I needed to use up a gift certificate Adam gave me last Christmas to have my hair done so I went in this month to get some highlights.  Since I went to the same person who has done highlights for me 3 times already, I thought she would just do the same thing she has done in the past. Well, she didn't.  She made the highlights super light and I really hate it.  Not just a little, but a lot. It's been a few weeks and I just can't get used to them. On Saturday night Adam and I went to a formal Christmas party and snapped a quick picture before we left.


I have to remind myself that nobody cares about my botched highlights, but I still feel like such a fake.  They're just not me and growing them out is going to be a pain.  Can you say chia pet?

We got home around 11 p.m. on Saturday night and found the girls and Jameson asleep in the family room by the Christmas tree.

 
I have no problem with them sleeping by the Christmas tree on a Friday night in December, but did they really have to use every blanket and pillow in the house piled on top of each other?? I think they kind of had the "go big or go home" thing going on.
 
December 21st and it rained all day long. Awesome.  I could really get used to this weather! 

3 comments:

Heather said...

I remember when Linda Burton visited our ward primary program years ago and asked me when I went blonde? Her question shocked me. Apparently,my highlights were more extreme than yours - take comfort!

Kristen said...

Sorry you don't like your hair. I think it is cute. I remember how I felt when I first got too many highlights though. It is strange. You are still one of my BEAUTIFUL daughters.

Tricia said...

Ha ha. I have been around "why" kids and it can get old. I didn't realize that Jameson has become such a talker!