Britton's soccer game on Saturday was in Spanish Fork. Since the girls and Jameson aren't fans of driving for combined 5 hours to sit and watch a soccer game, Adam and Britton set off around 9 a.m. for a day of travel and soccer fun. Jenna, Korinne, Jameson and I headed out to the Homecoming parade for our local University. In the 6 years we have lived here this was only my 2nd time attending this parade and I've been missing out. It was such a fun parade! We always have some kind of soccer commitment on the day of the Homecoming parade, but I'm definitely going to try harder to get there in the future.
Who doesn't love "The 'A' Team" playing the fight song on chimes in parade formation?
Or a live band or two playing down the parade route?
Seeing the University marching band, cheerleaders and mascot and all of the different groups and organizations was very entertaining. Oh, and the kids got A LOT of candy.
I love living in a college town where the community really supports the school. With the beautiful fall colors and the fun atmosphere I couldn't help but say to myself, "I really love where we live."
Jenna has been asking to get her ears pierced so we decided to go and have it done while the boys were away. Here she is getting ready.
She looked like she was going to pass out when they were getting ready to actually do it. She may have been feeling a little regret with her decision at this point. On the video she didn't even flinch, but said afterwards that it hurt more than she thought it would.
After hearing about everything that could go wrong and how much care they require for the first 6 months and seeing it happen, I don't think Korinne will be asking to have her ears pierced any time soon. :-)
After Adam and Britton got home from their soccer travels we went to the 5:40 showing of "Meet The Mormons" at the theater.



3 comments:
Anna is counting down the days until she can get her ears pierced...
Utah State, Hey Aggies all the way. We got invited over to our friend's house to watch the football game. We were the only Aggie fans. My kids ran a victory lap around the living room every time USU scored. They said they might not invite us back:) Jenna is tall. How does Britton feel about that? Jameson is so cute. We have joined the world of Bishop/Bishop's wife. Austin is fine with the administration - the worrying about people is a really big task.
Then parade sounds fun. Way to go, Jenna!
Post a Comment