Both Britton and Jenna love the popular series which just happens to be written by a local guy who attended the very high school that was hosting the event. Oh yeah, and before he decided to write books he received a degree in music from Utah State University. Wow. He has some serious skills. I'm assuming he was a percussion guy because the entire show was full of amazing drum lines using creative things like desks, toilets (brand new clean ones, of course), and kitchen ware. I filmed a few clips on my cell phone, but the quality is so poor you would be better off just looking him up on You Tube. Seriously, he is very talented and I quite enjoyed the show. Britton and Jenna were also thrilled to get their hands on the book a week before the release date.
Jameson's first day of pre pre-school (2 year old lab) was Sept 4th.
He was super excited right up until the teachers came to the car to help him get out and then he started to panic. He had both arms tight around my neck as I took him into the greeting hall and handed him over to the teachers. As I left he was screaming "Mommy! Mommy!" Not my favorite moment but I knew he would love every single minute of it and I was right. They said he was fine within a few moments of arriving and didn't want to go when the time came.
J-mo sportin' his new backpack. He loves it.
My biggest Mommy fail moment didn't come until the second day of school a few days later. For some reason I had it in my head that school got out at 11:45 so when I got a call from the school at 11:00 I thought something must have happened. "Hi, are you on your way?" What!? I still have lots of time. At that very moment I realized that school was done at 10:45 not 11:45! What was I thinking!?! Who is 30 min. late to pick up their 2 year old on the 2nd day of pre pre-school? That would be me. Talk about an epic Mommy fail!! I'm sure it isn't the first time it has happened, but it is the first time it has happened to me and I was mortified. Fortunately Jameson didn't seem a bit concerned when I finally arrived and an older class of kids was going home at that point so it was all business as usual for the teaching staff.
Jameson likes to play with Andy and Ali in our cul-de-sac. One day there was one teeny tiny puddle in the circle and I couldn't believe how dirty and wet they got from such a small amount of water. They are super talented when it comes to making messes.
Jenna had to make an "All About Me" book for one of her classes. On the back she had to have critic reviews like "A Terrific Read!" or something like that written by members of the family. I told her just to write something and put my name to it since I wasn't sure exactly what she was looking for. Just as I was getting ready to go to bed I saw the finished product on the counter and it made me laugh out loud.
I'm pretty sure she'll get an A for this one.
I'm only a week out of LOTOJA and already all I can think about was how I can ride it better and not have such a miserable experience. The first thing I said to Adam after it was over was, "I'm never doing that again." and he replied with a smile and a "Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it." At the time it made me a little mad, but it only goes to show how well he knows me. He knew I wasn't going to be happy leaving it like that. I took heart when I saw that almost 900 men were able to finish LOTOJA in time, but only 62 women (who were not in the racing categories) were able to make it to the finish line before it was shut down. Not only that but we finished a full hour faster than my teammates rode it last year. The challenge for me will be to ride it again without feeling like I'm going to die during the last 100 miles.



2 comments:
What? Only 62 women?!? And what are the race categories?
That is a pretty quick about face. I expected it to take a little longer.
Post a Comment