We still had to wait a few minutes when we went back to pick Britton up so Korinne just chilled while we waited. I grabbed my phone to document some typical Korinne moments.
After a few days of cold and rain it warmed back up in time for the Poole Pool Party. Our friend Morris Poole is an orthodontist and his office throws a big pool party every year for all of their clients and families, etc. We always got invited, too, just because we are friends, but this year we are actually legit since Jenna got her braces on in August and is going to their office. The kids each brought a friend for a free night at the Aquatic Center with snacks and drinks. Jameson was more brave than he has ever been in the water. It helps that all of his friends were there, too. :-)
Friday was a K-1 Boating day. Four of the K-1 crew members and their kids were able to get together for a boating day at Willard Bay. We missed Heather and Kaylynn!
The kids are getting older and we found that we had to reintroduce them to each other upon arrival. I guess it has been too long since we've included the kids in our get-togethers! It didn't take them long to start having fun together, however. It was just like old times.
It was finally our turn to go out on the boat so we loaded up and Britton and Jenna got ready to ride the tube out from the beach.
Unfortunately we didn't make it out very far before the boat hit a rock (the water is really low this year) and the propeller broke. This picture let's you see how much Jameson enjoyed his very short ride on the boat. I knew he would like it more once we got going, but unfortunately that didn't happen.
We made it back to shore and had plenty to do while we waited for Nate to go and get another propeller and change it out.
The kids even rowed out to the small island you can see in the middle picture. Nate got the boat fixed in time for the kids to all have a turn on the tube before we had to go. I stayed on the beach with Jameson, who refused to get back on the boat, and the other Moms. Thanks to Nate for the following pictures and for being brave enough to be the only adult on the boat with 11 kids.
We'll miss Ker-dog when she moves to Oregon next week. Glad we got to see her one last time before she left.
Saturday I was up early for a 65 mile ride around the mountain. It actually turned out to be 75 miles for me since I rode my bike to the start and rode home from the finish. It was an organized ride with support that was held to promote "Road Respect" between cars and bikes. One of my favorite parts about this ride was that it was free. Biking events are a little pricey so I'm always happy when something free comes along. It was a challenging ride and the first time I have ever gone through Sardine Canyon on a bike. With hundreds of bikers going through at the same time I figured it was the safest time to try it.
Here I am with a big group at the summit of the canyon.
It was taken by one of the organizers and appeared on their website this morning. I'm in the blue/orange/white kit a little left of middle.
We had a neighborhood party last night at the park behind our homes. The weather was great and there was a good turnout. We really love our neighborhood and have such great friends here. Adam was at youth conference so he wasn't able to make it but I sure enjoyed not having to make dinner. Jameson was heaven running around with his little friends. They were hilarious laughing and tackling each other and chasing each other around.
Jameson and Rockwell are 4 days apart and are definitely partners in crime. They may look like complete opposites on the outside, but they are both very animated and love to have fun.
![]() |
| I love you, man. |
The neighborhood above us is starting to fill in so our view is going to be changing rather quickly.
Happy Summer to all! It's officially here!














2 comments:
Sure wish I could have joined the boating party! All those Crew-bies look so adorable together.
Fun! Fun! and more Fun! It looks like you found it.
Post a Comment