Sunday, May 4, 2014

Woofems

The weather has been fabulous and we were outside and loving it this week.  Our new neighbors and  friends, Lacie and Dave invited a few families over for a BBQ and a fire pit this weekend. Wow. They are party planners with a capital P.  After a fabulous dinner we sat around the fire and made the obligatory s'mores for the kids. As that was wrapping up Lacie said, "Ok, I've got the woofem sticks if you want to get started on those".  Wait, woofems?  Is that even a word?  What IS a woofem?? They were genuinely surprised we had never heard of them, and I was genuinely surprised that they had. They pulled out a refrigerator can of large biscuits and brought out vanilla pudding, cherry pie filling and some cool whip.  Then they showed us how to wrap the biscuit as thin as you can around a special stick with a wooden cylinder at the end.  After roasting the biscuit until it is toasty and brown you take the wooden stick out of it and fill it with the pudding, pie filling and whip cream and wah-lah! You have yourself a fine woofem.

Biscuit on the stick ready to start roasting.

Adam roasting a woofem.
Ok, I'm not going to lie, they were delish.  I guess they are so good you "woof 'em" down. he he Yeah, I just go that.  Dave and Lacie have a great back yard so the kids were very entertained, so much so that this is what Jameson looked like by the time all was said and done.


What a mess!  I'm kind of surprised he got so dirty because he doesn't like to have his hands messy but I guess he got carried away in the partying spirit.

It was a pretty typical week except that Jenna did come home sick from school on Wednesday and didn't get completely better until Friday morning.  She missed her big SEM debate night that she spent the last few months preparing for.  SEM is the gifted and talented program at the school and the 5th graders do a debate but since she still had a fever and was feeling crappy she didn't make it to the SEM Evening of Excellence at the school.  She was disappointed, but what can you do?

Britton had a big spring on his braces break on Friday night.  It was bad enough that we had to call the ortho office and someone had to go to the office at 8:30 p.m. on a Friday night to fix it. Oops, sorry about that. Nothing like getting called for an emergency brace repair on a Friday night. Britton got his braces on in May of 2010 which means he has had them for 4 years. 4 YEARS! Can I just tell you how ready I am for him to get them off? Seriously, I've taken him to the ortho over 35 times--can he just be done already??  They tell me soon, but they have also been saying that for a year. 

I took Jameson to a park this week and he got such a kick out of the train tracks up high in the air a.k.a the monkey bars.


I guess they do look just like train tracks.  He sure was tickled, it made his day.

No comments: