May is always busy with games, recitals and special programs. For Jenna everything violin related was scheduled for the same week. She performed a LOT. Both Wednesday and Thursday nights she performed at Kent Concert Hall with the Mountain West Strings as part of the Ambassador group.
| You can see Jenna right in the middle under the balloons. |
| Packing up her instrument at the end of the concert. |
She did a great job. Korinne was also taking lessons up until April when she abruptly decided to stop because it was "so boring." At the recital I looked to see if Korinne was missing her music lessons, but she was too busy playing in the hallway of the church to notice what was going on. I guess that would be a no. I still have hope that she will pick the violin back up when she gets to 4th grade and can take orchestra at the school.
Britton had 2 soccer games this week that required a substantial amount of traveling. Adam went to his Wednesday night game which was at 6 p.m. in a location over 2 hours away. Britton had to leave at 3 p.m. to get to the field an hour before the game starts (as per team rules) so when Adam called me at 8 p.m. on their way home he was hesitant to tell me that the game never happened because the refs didn't show up. WHAT?!?! I'm sorry, but when you take 6 hours out of your life for a soccer game on a school night you need to be allowed to actually PLAY THE GAME! I was more than a little bothered by such a waste of time and gas, especially since I had to battle with Jameson at an orchestra concert up on campus by myself. The second game was on Saturday and was at a location 2 1/2 hours away. For the first time ever we just sent him with the team carpool and didn't attend. Adam had been gone all week so being gone for an additional 8 hours on Saturday for a game was a little much. Mostly we did it so Adam could make it to at least one of Jenna's recitals and because Britton was totally cool with it.
For Mother's Day Adam took me to dinner on Saturday night with some friends and we had a great time. For two weeks I told the kids not to get me anything for Mother's Day because all I wanted was a clean house. Period. As we left on our date Saturday night I reminded them about my one and only wish was to have the house cleaned up and I had hope that a miracle would happen and I would come home to a clean kitchen and family room. It was not to be. We returned to a VERY messy house and I ended up staying up until 11:30 p.m. cleaning (which for me is equivalent to 1 a.m.) and went to bed with a request to not be disturbed until I decided to leave my room. Yes, I had a very grown up Mother's Day tantrum. I slept in as late as I could, took a bath, and hung out in my room until about 11:30 a.m. Best. Morning. Ever. Adam was the only one allowed in and he brought me a strawberry/granola/vanilla yogurt parfait and an orange Julius. Perfect. He didn't have his usual meetings and we were all more than happy to have him home.
I received a great spice rack for Mother's Day and I loved it for 15 whole hours before Jameson dumped out half of the spices while I was in the shower.
Awesome. It's a good thing he is so cute.
2 comments:
Glad you were able to hibernate in your room for a few hours Sunday morning:). And I feel your pain the soccer game department...we jumped through all kinds of hoops last weekend for one of Jantzen's tournament games in another city - and the other team didn't SHOW UP!. Grrr.
Those soccer non-games are frustrating. Sorry for all of you. Sorry about your new spice rack. He is cute!
Post a Comment