On Friday afternoon the weather was perfect and I went on a bike ride with a friend. For the first time I this season I was just in a jersey and biking shorts and not all of the cold weather gear I've had to wear. Two and a half hours later I arrived home and thought to myself, "Oh, it looks like I got a little sun." Within a few hours I knew that I had gotten more than a little sun, I was fried. Why, oh why didn't I think to put on sunscreen?? It didn't even enter my mind and now I've got the weird burn marks to prove it.
Yeah, it hurts. Lesson learned.
For a few weeks before this last Monday the kids would randomly look at each other and say "It's almost April 7th!" Wide grins would be exchanged and then they would go on with their business. "What's April 7th?" I asked. "Hello! It's the day the new season of Studio C starts!"
Studio C is a big deal at our house. What is Studio C? It is BYU's version of a program like Saturday Night Live. It's sketch comedy and is clean and very clever and the kids are past the point of being true fans, they are obsessed. They have oodles of sketches memorized and then repeat them back to us while eating dinner, driving in the car, or doing anything really. The enthusiasm behind Studio C has no limits around here. If you haven't seen it before here is an example.
International Relations
Here's another one that was pretty clever: Teddy's Story Joint
They show it on the BYU channel or you can just watch it online. It is great for kids so I don't mind letting them watch it. All of their friends love it, too. I've been surprised by how popular it has become over the last year since it has all been by word of mouth. If you live in a Mormon household there is a good chance you will love "The Piano Guys" and "Studio C". That's kind of how we roll these days. It's just so refreshing when quality family entertainment comes along.
Studio C is a big deal at our house. What is Studio C? It is BYU's version of a program like Saturday Night Live. It's sketch comedy and is clean and very clever and the kids are past the point of being true fans, they are obsessed. They have oodles of sketches memorized and then repeat them back to us while eating dinner, driving in the car, or doing anything really. The enthusiasm behind Studio C has no limits around here. If you haven't seen it before here is an example.
International Relations
Here's another one that was pretty clever: Teddy's Story Joint
They show it on the BYU channel or you can just watch it online. It is great for kids so I don't mind letting them watch it. All of their friends love it, too. I've been surprised by how popular it has become over the last year since it has all been by word of mouth. If you live in a Mormon household there is a good chance you will love "The Piano Guys" and "Studio C". That's kind of how we roll these days. It's just so refreshing when quality family entertainment comes along.

No comments:
Post a Comment