Her idea of dressing warm for school is putting on a lightweight jacket and calling it good. This was what she looked like this morning all "bundled" up.
| Typical Korinne dressed in bright colors--the brighter the better. |
At least now she will humor me by putting a coat in her backpack. She refused to carry it with her at all until I received a letter from her teacher. It was addressed to all parents, but I'm pretty sure it was specifically for me. "Parents, please insist on having your children wear a coat, hat and gloves to school." Ok, Ok, I got it. Believe me, I've tried. I know that I am judged daily by teachers and other parents at the school when they see how inadequate Korinne's winter attire is for the weather we've been having. I can almost hear them saying, "Who let their child out in this without a coat?" To which I say, you've never met Korinne.
Since this has turned into a post about Korinne I might as well blog about something I've been meaning to blog about for a few years now. Korinne is seven years old and still uses words in her daily conversations that she made up years ago. I keep waiting for her to realize that "becepts" isn't a real word. I have even heard Jenna and Britton tell her, "Korinne, becepts isn't a word." but her only response is a look that says, "whatever", and then she repeats her sentence using the very word.
"They let everyone go becepts the people who didn't get their work done."
You can basically replace the word except with becepts and you will be speaking her lingo. She used to use "her" instead of "she" in all of her sentences, but that finally stopped when she started reading and kept reading "She went to the store" instead of "Her went to the store" which is how she said it for about 4 years or so.
Oh, and just in case you were wondering we are going on 5 years of Korinne sleeping on the floor. Ever since she got out of the crib at 2 years of age she has preferred to sleep on the floor rather than in any type of bed. I know, this "phase" has been the longest phase EVER! And yes, she still sleeps in the hallway every night. When will it end? That is the million dollar question. To put it in perspective if she keeps this up for another 5 years she will be 12 years old sleeping in the hallway every night. Hmmm, there's a thought. . .
3 comments:
I can't believe you would let your kid go to school without a coat. Just jokes. You guys have been super cold. I didn't know Korinne was still sleeping on the floor. What a crazy kid.
I'm glad I'm not the only mom who can't get her kid to wear a coat. Elise goes to school every day in a little fleece jacket. I keep telling her that we are going to end up on a sub for Santa list because people will think we are too poor to buy her a coat. On the days that I have insisted, she comes home wearing her jacket with her coat stuffed in her backpack. Drives me nuts!
I don't get the coat thing with kids either. It's COLD!!!! out there.
Korinne is a character with a mind of her own. That's for sure! Keep trying!
Post a Comment