Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Birthday!

 Guess who's 1?

Jameson is such a smiley, happy little guy, but he has a really bad cold and had a bit of a fever last night and wasn't feeling the best on his big day.  This means that we don't have a single birthday picture with his big signature smile.  The biggest smile we got from him all night was when we gave him some ice cream for the first time and asked him if he wanted more.  His big smile answered that question for us. Too bad we didn't get a picture of it, it was priceless. He didn't love the cake and just threw his piece over the side of his high chair and on the floor after a few minutes.  I decided that he must get his immediate love of ice cream from Adam's side of the family. :-) Adam LOVES ice cream and his Grandfather had a bowl of vanilla ice cream every single day until he passed away.

Out of all of our kids Jameson has been the fastest mover.  He crawled up on his knees earlier than everyone else (6 months), he pulled himself up and started "cruising" earlier (7 months), took his first steps at 10 months and now on his first birthday he is a seasoned walker.


This is all well and good except for the fact that he is into everything and we can hardly keep up with him!  I have to admit I cry a little on the inside at church each week when I think about the fact that we still have 6 full months before he can go to nursery. We have already been chasing him around the church for 6 months and it has felt like an eternity!  He isn't a fan of us letting strange people take him during church either.  We have all sorts of people who would love to take him for us, but if there is anyone who can turn on the crocodile tears in less than a second, it's Jameson. He would like to stay with his parents and make them stay in the hall all day, thank you very much.

The kids had a lot of fun preparing for Jameson's birthday and he really enjoyed  his small gifts.  We are breaking out the 18 month clothes already.  Fortunately I never got around to getting rid of some Britton's baby clothes and now they are coming in handy.  Initially I didn't think they would because they were born in opposite seasons, but now that Jameson is 6 months ahead in his clothes it is working out perfectly.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Jameson!~ Glad we were able to visit a little bit over the holidays.

Kristen said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well on your birthday, Jameson. Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Kaylynn said...

He has to get a head start on walking so next week he can start dribbling so he can head for the NBA. Enjoy the halls at church:)

Malinda said...

Call me crazy, but I miss those days in the hall at church. I have Sunday School ADD and sometimes I really wish I had a one year old so I could hang out in the hall. :)