Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May Days

Adam turned the big 3-6 last week and we celebrated with a picnic at the park.  The weather has been great this spring, which may never happen again so we have been enjoying every minute of it. :-)

Jameson is not a fan of solids quite yet.  We've tried them 3 or 4 times, but this is all we get.

Seriously mom, why are you doing this to me?

He is a fan of his johnny jumper, however.



Grandma and Grandpa were up this last weekend getting their lot ready to built on. Because my Dad always believes in having the right tool for the job his buddies at the local Case dealership let him have a backhoe for a few days.  The kids each got a chance to take a little ride with Grandpa.


Britton's Utah program at school was a lot more fancy shmancy than I was expecting.  All of the 4th graders sang songs and put on quite a little program.  They each had to make a float of their county and the parents watched all of the floats go by before the program started and then we went to individual classrooms for the board presentations.  Britton lucked out when he randomly selected Salt Lake County.  I felt bad for the kids who had counties like Piute.  Yeah, not a lot of information and the cows outnumber the people.


When I was a kid I moved to Utah for the 4th grade and was assigned a Utah county for my project.  The only thing I remember about my county was the name of it. Sevier County. I remember kind of feeling bad for the people who lived there because it was in the middle of nowhere and I was sure there was nothing to do.  Turns out I married someone from Sevier county and now I can say that they grow some pretty good people in addition to all of those cows! 

4 comments:

McKay Price said...

Happy birthday to the old man.

As for Jameson, what a happy kid. I think that food picture is the only one I've ever seen where he's not smiling.

Kristen said...

Congratulations, Britton. Nice project. Wasn't that fun riding in the big backhoe cab? Grandpa loved it too.

Malinda said...

Adam is younger than me? For some reason that just doesn't seem right in my head.

I love the smile on Jameson's face in those Johnny Jump-up pictures. He is absolutely adorable!

larah said...

Britton's board looks awesome. Good job on that.