Guess who has a bedroom again?
Last Saturday Adam was helping to deep clean a few areas and decided that the kids aren't really using the toy room anymore so it was probably time to just disband it. We packed up all of the toys Jameson will use in a few years, got rid of a bunch of stuff and put the remaining stuff in individual bedrooms. This left a vacant room so it seemed only logical that Korinne should have it. Korinne was super excited to get a bedroom even though she has been very happy in the hallway. She cracks me up. When Korinne announced to Jenna that she now had a bedroom all Jenna said was, "Yeah, but are you going to use it?" Good question. That still remains to be seen. I have no idea what she tells her friends at school about her sleeping situation, but I can only imagine that a few people might wonder about us just a little bit.
Korinne has had a few mini-mom moments that I captured on film this week. There are days when she is less than cooperative about reading to me after school so one day this week when I could see my attempts to have her sit and read were going nowhere I said, "Why don't you read to Jameson?" She liked this idea and put him on her lap and started reading.
Jameson was great to go along with it all. I have a feeling I might be using his help quite a bit in the future.
Korinne is the one child in our family who still offers to change Jameson's diapers. Look how happy Jameson is to have her do it.
It's nice to capture a few spontaneous moments such as these. I should try and do it more often. There was a time when we wondered if Korinne would be OK not being the baby of the family anymore, but it has really been a non-issue for her. She loves having a baby brother.
This morning Jameson had gotten some toys across his face and he wasn't even crying about it, he was just hanging out, happy as can be.
Where's the crying? Where's the frustration that he has something in his face and has absolutely no power to get rid of it? When I lifted the toys up this is what I got.
I guess there is a lesson to be learned form this. If you have something in your life that really SHOULD be bothering you, maybe it's OK to just not let it bother you and then just be happy when it is finally taken away.
Deep thoughts, Jameson. Thanks for that one, Buddy.
5 comments:
That last picture is the cutest thing I've ever seen!
Yeah, when I grow up I'm going to be more like Jameson...
Glad Korinne has a new room:)
What a cute, calm kid and fun pictures of Korinne.
I love the pictures of Korinne and Jameson. He's a sweeheart. I'm eager to see if Korinne uses and likes her room in a couple of weeks.
I hope you don't faint from shock but I'm finally re-entering the blogosphere. Jameson is so precious!!!! I may or may not have had big lump in my throat as I read about him and caught up on pics of your new bigger family.
Post a Comment