Sunday, April 15, 2012

Down and Derby

'Twas Britton's final pinewood derby this week.  He had his first soccer game of the season on the same night, but we left at halftime (much to his coach's chagrin) and made it to the derby on time (sans cub scout uniform, but we made it).


Here is Britton checking out the competition.


I got a laugh out of the cubmaster's display rack.  Each car had it's own felt pedestal.  


The cars were weighed and checked in 2 days before the competition and were kept by the cub master during the interim. It had all the makings of an intense competition, but ended up just being fun for everyone. We had a good group of boys this year and they all took both winning and losing in stride.

Korinne made a car, too.  She was not about to be left out when Adam and Britton were working on Britton's car.



She got to race her car a few times at the end which made her very happy.

It will be our last pinewood derby for 8 years and I think a great time was had by all.



3 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I am glad there are good cub scout leaders out there who make fancy pedestals. I can't wait to see Jameson's car...

Kristen said...

I'm glad everyone had fun. Sometimes those little derby's don't turn out to be fun. Eight years will fly by way too quickly. It will be here before you know it.

Emily said...

Enjoy your break! Meanwhile, we have participated the last 4 years straight and will continue to do so every year until 2022 (except 2019 when we will have a year off to send Ben on his mission).
Okay, I'm exhausted just figuring that out! Hope we can keep coming up with new original ideas!