Monday our 10 1/2 year streak came to an end and Britton is the proud owner of 10 new stitches. Yikes.
The only reason he is smiling in this picture is because Adam took him to Zeppes after getting stitches.
This has been the year of no snow so when we finally got 6 inches of the white stuff the neighborhood decided to have a little sledding party at our neighborhood park on President's Day. Britton and Jenna ran ahead to start sledding with the group while I stayed home with Jameson and Adam went to the store to get a sled. Britton arrived at the park and all of the boys his age were going on the bigger part of the hill. That didn't look very safe to him so he opted for the smaller hill with the smaller kids. On his first trip down the hill he hit a rock and when I say he hit a rock I mean his HEAD hit a rock. He hadn't even been gone from our house for 10 min. when I got a call from a neighbor Mom telling me that Britton had been hurt. She started walking him home and I called Adam and told him to abort the sled plan and come home immediately. Britton was calm when he got home and was holding a big chunk of snow on the spot where he was cut. I didn't get a chance to look at the cut since it was under his hair but Britton was sure he just needed a bandaid. When Adam got home and got a good look at it he knew that he was going to need stitches. The gash was deep, very deep. They had to shave his hair to do the stitches and since it is right in the front we had no choice but to shave his entire head.
As you can tell from the picture it was a pretty traumatic day for him. Knowing Britton he will probably never go sledding again, period. I asked him if he had anything to say about it and all he said was , "Pleeeeeeaaaasse don't put this in the blog!" Sorry bud, but it just had to be documented.

7 comments:
Ouch! I am so sorry your streak had to end! Hope Britton heals quickly and doesn't remain too traumatized.
Ah, man! Benson is the same way about safety. I fear that if something like that happened to him, he'd never want to leave the house again! I hope Britton heals quickly!
We have the same streak going, and I am knocking on wood that we don't break it any time soon. How ironic that he got hurt when he was trying to be cautious. Poor kid!
Too bad the streak had to come to an end. 10 stitches on the head - that's a pretty good story. It is so funny that he knew it would be going on the blog. He will laugh about it someday.
Sorry, Britton. You will be a better man for this experience. Good job being brave!
Wow that looks like a pretty bad gash! I bet you were glad it was not worse than a few stitches. The new hair cut looks great too :)
Just last year, I finally fixed the damage from a sledding accident from over 10 years ago. I hope Britton heals quickly! Love you Britton!
Post a Comment