Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mission Accomplished

I set out this Thanksgiving to eat as much as possible and gain a few pounds in the process.  Mission accomplished--I sure love it when I reach my goals!

Thanksgiving is the one day each year that my siblings get a little homesick.  Yes, the food at my Aunt Kathy's house is THAT good. And don't get me started about the homemade chocolates and candies. I know Thanksgiving has truly arrived when I see this:


Homemade rootbeer is a must. And so are Adam's rolls.


After dinner we decided to shake things up a bit.  Usually we have the pinata first, go bowling second and have fireworks at the end.  This year we went bowling first (the bowling alley opened at 4 p.m. for the first time ever), then did fireworks and then had the pinatas. See how we are wild and crazy we are?! Next year we figure we'll need to dress up in Halloween costumes and have an Easter egg hunt just to keep the holiday theme going.

We are such a big group now that we dominate the bowling alley.


The kids really got into the bowling.  Korinne insisted on wearing the dress she got for her birthday from Grandma.






I was told I have good bowling form. . . .too bad it doesn't help me get a good score.  This year I bowled a 77. I wasn't first in the female competition, but I wasn't last either.

Adam bowled a 145. Jenna likes to remind me that she bowled an 84 and beat me.


Here is my Dad and his sister Kathy.  I'm sure it must make my Grandpa Bill and Grandma June smile to see that their family still gets together every year for Thanksgiving even after all of this time. 


Everyone outside for the fireworks.  The weather this year was AWESOME. Notice the kids without coats.

The kids were divided into 2 groups for the pinatas.  The older cousins and the younger cousins.



Korinne had quite the swing.  She was the one who hit the pinata open for the younger cousins.

Having Thanksgiving over means that now I have 5 lbs to lose.  Yeah, it was so worth it.

6 comments:

larah said...

So fun to see you over Thanksgiving. We will have to plan a time when you can come down (or we can come up to see you) to get grandpa's letters scanned. All in good time...right?

Jeff & Liberty said...

Ah, good stuff. Happy Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble.

Kristen said...

We loved the Thanksgiving celebration at Kathy's too. You better keep coming as Adam's rolls are one of the mainstays now.

Malinda said...

It's funny that every year when I read about your Thanksgiving traditions, I think "They really do that?" What a fun and crazy party!

BTW, I was just sitting down to publish a post called "Mission Accomplished." When you see it, don't think I copied your title. :)

Kaylynn said...

I do get a little homesick on Thanksgiving, even though I don't even know Aunt Kathy. I am glad you reached your goal of gaining 5 lbs. But at least you have good bowling form - in downtown Blackfoot.

Tricia said...

Yeah, McKay always gets homesick for Kathy's candy. I think the bowling alley opened early for YOU guys. I need Adam to teach me how to make good rolls.