Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dude, where's your post?

Ok, since I started this blog in 2007 I've never gone 21 days without a post.  Never.  I wish I had some big reason behind the hiatus, but I don't.  My computer is going through a "I refuse to recognize a camera card" phase and without pictures I haven't been inspired.  So let's start back at the beginning of May.

Mother's Day.  My parents came up for dinner bringing my SIL Jen who is in the States until baby #2 arrives in June. 


 Here we are on Mother's Day with our kids.
Nothing says Happy Mother's Day like a big pile of T-bone steaks!


Adam's homemade rolls helped, too.


Britton and Jenna have finished another soccer season.  Jenna surprised us all when she scored a goal in all but 2 of her games.  She is not shy about telling everyone how much she loves soccer.


Britton had a great season and I think we are going to let him play competitive soccer now.  Here he is playing goalie during his last game of the season.


We have had visitors this month. Aunt Kim and and Uncle Ben came and we celebrated Adam's birthday a few days early at Zeppe's. 


Jenna had a big month.  She performed in her very first piano & violin recital.


And she had a speaking part in her 2nd grade "Service Heroes" school program.


She did a great job at both events.

While Britton and Jenna have been busy with school, soccer and music lessons, Korinne has been busy with her full social schedule.

She and her BFF, Cara, are always coming up with silly things to entertain themselves. 

When one of the YW in the ward needed to raise a little money for youth conference she held a 2 day dance class and then had the parents come for a performance at the end.  Here is Korinne with her classmates:

She loved it, but in true Korinne fashion didn't like it when everyone was watching them. During the dance she hid behind a column.  For some reason she doesn't love to be the center of attention.  Britton and Jenna still can't figure that one out.

Adam and Britton went on the Father's and Son's campout over the 13th and 14th.  This year they braved the elements and slept out in a tent.  The weather was great when they went to bed, and great when they woke up, but for a few hours in the middle the wind really blew.  Britton slept through it, Adam. . .not so much.  But it definitely could have been worse.  The girls and I went to our own Mother and Daughter party and had our toenails painted in glitter.  Bring out the summer sandals! 

4 comments:

Malinda said...

What a faboulous catch all post. I feel like I am all caught up on your life . . . except for the big trip to Texas, but I'm sure that is coming.

Kaylynn said...

So glad you are back. We really did wonder why you hadn't posted for so long. I thought it was for another reason - something life changing joining you. I forgot about the trip to Texas. Cute kids!

Jeff & Liberty said...

I've been blog challenged too.

Kristen said...

Kids are doing great! Sorry we didn't know about some of Jenna's programs. We would really liked to have been there.