Monday, April 18, 2011

Mom, I'm gonna need. . . .

Tonight we had southwest cilantro lime mango chicken wraps for dinner. Mmmm. When Korinne came in from playing to eat she looked around and decided she needed to make something to contribute to the meal.  She got right to work and started ordering me around,

"Mom, I'm gonna need some celery, (pause) a banana, and um, some peanut butter and (pause) some sprinkles." 

Korinne is becoming famous for her food creations because as she put it, and I quote, "I'm just a creative girl." She comes up with all sorts of stuff and for her it is all about the presentation. She likes to work with celery and peanut butter so she can use the peanut butter to glue everything together.  She looked just like a chef up at the counter putting the finishing touches on this:


It had to be just right before she let us put it out on the table.  Jenna ate it and loved it.  Last night Korinne used strawberries with her peanut butter.  Jenna tried it but decided she should stay away from the strawberry/peanut butter combo in the future. 


Jenna was so inspired by Korinne's take charge attitude in the kitchen she did something she has never done before, she offered to help with dinner.  She wanted to make a fruit salad and went right to work.


She left the peels on the oranges but otherwise it turned out and she was delighted that we all ate what she made.

Some of Korinne's creations are not so edible.  She likes to use the lime and lemon juice from the fridge and asparagus, and all sorts of other things.  At the end of mixing them together she puts it out on a plate and tells us that it needs to dry overnight and we can eat it in the morning.  Fortunately for us we usually clean it up after she goes to sleep and then she forgets about it. Phew. Crisis averted.

Korinne calls adults "humans".  If a ride at Disneyland was really scary she would declare, "That ride is only for humans!"  When Jenna had some food from the fridge that Korinne thought Adam and I got for ourselves she said, "Jenna, don't eat that, it is for humans!"  If a food is particularly spicy she'll ask me if it is for kids or for humans. "You mean adults, Korinne"? "Yeah, for humans."

Right.

4 comments:

larah said...

Korrine is such a crack-up! I love that she is so creative in the kitchen.

Kaylynn said...

I really wanted to see a picture of the southwest cilantro lime mango chicken wraps. Did they have peanut butter on them?

Kristen said...

It sounds like your kitchen is full of creative chefs! Those celery peanut butter sprinkles were amazing. Go Girls!

Jeff & Liberty said...

I know some adults who are definitely not human, or at least, they don't act like it. Of course there are some adults who may act human, but after a few too many surgeries, they don't look so human anymore. Joan Rivers?