On Friday evening a week ago we set out for our spring break vacay. First stop was a wedding reception for Adam's cousin followed by a night at my parents house. Saturday morning we listened to General Conference as we drove to Adam's parents house in St. George where we spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday. Early Monday morning we set out for California and went straight to the beach upon arrival.
The kids loved it and Adam was right there with them. While it was sunny and about 70 degrees there was a cold wind so it felt much cooler. The water was freezing, of course, so while I did put on a pair of shorts and a short sleeve shirt, I just couldn't bring myself to do more than wade in the water.
Most of the time I had a towel wrapped around me to keep me warm.
We went to Newport Beach by the Balboa Pier. After playing in the freezing water for a bit the kids were determined to bury themselves in the sand. Adam was more than happy to help them out.
I tried not to wince at the thought of trying to keep all of that sand out of our car. It took all my willpower to just say, go for it and have fun. Just look at Korinne covered in sand.
Look at all of the sand in Jenna's hair.
Before we got into the water we took a walk to the end of the pier.
There were people fishing off the pier and when the kids looked over the side they saw this:
If you can't see what it is I took a close-up,
It's a sea lion! This is not a Sea World picture, this is an actual ocean dwelling sea lion. There were a few at the bottom of the pier waiting for some fish handouts from the fisherman.
After our time at the beach we drove to Anaheim and checked into the hotel. The kids swam in the pool and I did my rip:60 week 5 workout (that is true dedication, people!). After baths we went to eat and then went to bed super early so we could get up bright and early for our Magic Morning at Disneyland. Someone should have told us that they have a nightly firework show that is so loud I was sure they were shooting them directly from our parking lot. They were that loud! Fortunately the kids were already asleep and didn't even stir. Adam and I, on the other hand, knew that the following night the firework show as going to last for at least a half hour. Double Grrr.
4 comments:
P.s. The close up of the sea lion is cool.
Yes. There is sand at the beach. Glad you held back so your 4 children could enjoy the fun. It looks like they had a great time. It was probably all the sweeter because you had snow at home.
How fun! I love seeing wildlife in the wild. It's so much cooler than at a zoo.
I love Disneyland's fireworks. Don't be bitter. And I have seen you before wrapped up in a towel next to the water (Willard Bay).
We came to Logan last weekend and the kids came to visit the Crosbies. I could tell you weren't home and hoped you were somewhere where it wasn't snowing.
Post a Comment