Jameson was busy during October playing both flag football and soccer. Sometimes he had 2 games in one night but we were still able to make it work.
Of the 2 sports I think Jameson liked football a little bit more.
It was Jenna's last Cross Country season and she ended on a high note. She ran her personal best time at the last home meet and felt really good about her final race at Region held at the AMHC. She had a lot of great experiences running Cross Country all 4 years of High School.
Even with COVID-19 restrictions we were still able to have October fun. The boys loved the corn maze on the annual Board of Realtor event at AWHC.
Korinne and the boys enjoyed the fall weather while hiking in the canyon with friends.
They opened the theaters again with restrictions so the girls and I were able to take advantage of our season tickets at Hale Center Theater. Mary Poppins was fun and magical.
Another crazy hair day is in the books.
On Oct 21st I turned 44 and celebrated by going on a bike ride in the morning with my friend Abby. As luck would have it I got a migraine at the end of the ride so I spent the rest of my birthday in bed. Bummer. I guess it's a good thing I hadn't made any big plans for the day.
The boys decided they wanted inflated dinosaur costumes. They *almost* made it through Halloween night with the costumes fully inflated, but when the batteries ran out they swung by the house for a quick costume change before heading out for a few more pieces of candy.
AJ was adamant that we NOT take him trick or treating. He was big enough to go with his friends, thank you very much. What can I say, he's the youngest, we are tired, I trusted Jameson to keep an eye on him, and we know the neighbors well so I let my 5 year old go trick or treating without us. #momof theyear Yeah, I stopped saying, "I'll never do that when I'm a Mom" a loooooooooong time ago. ha ha
Too.much.candy.
Britton has really been enjoying his time with his trainer Elder Johnson from Draper. Elder Johnson served in Ecuador for a year before being reassigned to the Iowa City Mission after COVID hit so they were able to speak and teach in Spanish in Marshalltown, Iowa. Having a missionary out today is a lot different than it used to be in that you get to talk to them on the phone every week. During October since the missionaries were somewhat limited in what they could do as far as person to person contacting and teaching the missionaries were even allowed to call home twice a week. It has been so fun to get to talk with him often and share his mission experiences. The Iowa City mission is a big melting pot of missionaries. Many of them were originally called to serve in foreign missions but have been reassigned because of the pandemic. The mission has swelled from 90 missionaries to over 250 missionaries. My hat goes off to his Mission President who is dealing with a logistical nightmare on a daily basis but still manages to make it all work!!























No comments:
Post a Comment