Sunday, January 27, 2019

Winter Hibernation

No, we don't just stay home all day, but throughout the entire month of January I've only taken a handful of pictures to document our daily life.  Sundays are particularly "interesting" at our house because Jameson and AJ have all of their usual energy but they can't really go outside and play with  friends, and there isn't any screen time and Dad is gone all day.  This means they have HOURS they are trying to fill and the results aren't always pretty.  They like to fight, and tease each other and make HUGE messes. Every once in awhile they stumble upon constructive ways to use their energy and when that happens I like to document it.


They took off their Sunday shirts and painted trains on each other with face paint. They were so proud of their creations.


Last Sunday Jameson got up early and put together an elaborate train set using every toy he could find.  I tried to act excited when I first saw it, but in the back of my mind I was already calculating how long it was going to take to clean at the end of the day.


Yesterday we went down to SLC for a Genesis primary activity and "The Wizard of Oz" at Hale Center Theater.  I was thrilled that the timing of both events worked out perfectly and we were able to "kill two birds" with one trip to the city.

They had a few different art projects out for the kids and Jameson enjoyed making a clay pot, painting and making a frog out of pipe cleaners.



I don't have pictures of AJ because whenever we are at a place with a lot of people he usually starts running around and doesn't stop. There is something that clicks on for him when he is overwhelmed and he just can't stay in one place for more than 2 seconds.


After the activity Adam dropped Britton, Jenna, Korinne, Jameson and me off at Hale Center Theater for "The Wizard of Oz" and he took AJ to a dollar movie "Small Foot".


Jameson wasn't really sure what to expect but declared it "the best play ever" and asked if we could go back to the theater again someday. HTC has always done a good job but their new theater allows them to take productions to the next level and they are very entertaining. The kids got the tickets for Christmas so I'm glad they enjoyed the show.  When it was over Adam picked us up and we made it home in plenty of time for the adult session of Stake Conference. Stake Conference is the one Sunday that Adam gets a taste of how much fun it is to sit with the boys for 2 hours in a dark chapel (we watch the broadcast from the Stake Center). It is always a delightful experience. 😋

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The face painting is cute. We need to try out the new Hale Center Theatre. Looks awesome!