Last week Jenna and I spent 4 days at BYU for the National Championships of Ballroom dance. It was quite the experience and I spent a LOT of time watching ballroom dancing. In fact I read 3.5 books while I sat in the stands so it ended up being a fun break from my usual daily grind.
Jenna participated in the Syllabus competition for 6 different styles of dance. Her goal was to get called back at least once, which she did, so she was pretty happy about that. She is the one with the long ponytail.
Her team was excited to place 2nd in their division for the Latin formation team dance.
To see the complete dance go here: https://youtu.be/feMoaGjSk7M
During one of our breaks we saw this Mormon Museum and thought we would check it out since we had some time to kill.
It was the most random museum we have ever seen! It was about the church in Mexico and had all sorts of creepy mannequin people who would "come to life" during 3 different presentations. We sat through one of them, which was 13 minutes long, and that was plenty for us.
We had to take a few pictures to document the adventure.
When they give awards at competitions they have all of the teams from each division come out and surround the floor, then one couple from the team goes out to accept the award on behalf of the team.
Jenna's team with their 2nd place medals and trophy.
Team bonding at the BYU Creamery
Jenna had to be in complete hair and make-up for 4 days in a row. They also had to use tanning lotion and the girls had to get fake nails. Apparently all of this stuff is expected at Nationals. Some of the teams even used temporary hair dye so everyone on the team had matching black hair. It seems so crazy to me, but a certain percentage of the score is based on costuming and uniformity of the team so everyone goes all out. I must say that I have never seen so many fake tans in my life. I joked with Adam that it was like being at an Oompa Loompa convention.
One of Jenna's up-dos.
Adam had fun holding down the fort at home. He was able to take the boys to the Jump Zone on Saturday which they enjoyed immensely.
While I was doing laundry on Friday AJ ran into my bathroom and put my lipstick all over his eyes. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it was the kind of lipstick that stays on for 24 hrs and doesn't come off for anything. He looked like a pink Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for an entire day this week before we were finally able to get it off.
We had tickets to tour the Jordan River Temple yesterday. I recommend going on the first day of an open house when possible as we were able to walk right through without any delays even though it was a Saturday afternoon. It was awesome.
Typical AJ.

















1 comment:
Congratulations to Jenna on doing so well and placing 2nd in an event at the national competition. That is awesome! Congratulations to you for sitting and reading and congratulations to Adam for holding down the household. I love the photos at the temple open house. Please email them to me. Love you guys!
Post a Comment