Sunday, December 17, 2017

Music and Mayhem

When I blog I usually look at the pictures on my camera for the week and start putting together a post from there.  This is why some of my posts aren't very detailed and I often skip over a lot of our general business from day to day.  This week as I looked at the pictures I found that I had done a good job of documenting the mishaps, but not much else. 😊

This is what our tree looked like the day we decorated it on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.


This is what it looks like now.


The lights are out of place and the ornaments are all over the house. Basically, it's a disaster.  This is the first Christmas tree AJ has ever had and he just can't leave it alone. Actually, AJ has a hard time leaving anything alone.  He is just like Curious George, constantly in motion and making a mess, but so curious he just can't help himself. 

I think he had some type of batter all over himself and his clothes in this picture.  Some days he will go through multiple outfits.


Often times I'm cleaning up one mess only to turn around and find he made another while I was occupied with the first.  Such was the case when I found this mess in the laundry room.


He threw a full bowl of cereal off of the table one morning and it was everywhere! 


AJ is busy, busy, busy.  He has poured out entire bottles of essential oils, dumped out the fish food twice, broken several dishes, damaged our nice TV, poured out a bottle of coconut oil moisturizing spray we use on the boys hair, broke the head off of one of our wise men in our newest nativity set, dumped out the laundry detergent, sprayed furniture oil all over the floor, spilled grape juice on the carpet and gotten into the dishwasher detergent multiple times and that is just this week!

This kind of gives you a glimpse into my life right now. It's not glamorous and it certainly isn't fun but it will be worth it in the end. AJ's English is getting better every day.  This week he told me a shark has a "funny nose" and he will often say both, "Thank you" and ."You're welcome" when you give him something.  He mimics whatever we say and is putting 2 and 3 words together. 

Britton had a cello recital yesterday.  As we still don't own a cello I don't get to hear him play very often (he practices at school during flex time using the school cellos and his private cello teacher has an extra cello he is using for lessons and recitals).  


Playing Vivaldi with another student and piano accompaniment.


There are 17 cellos in his orchestra at the high school and Britton is the section leader this year. It is kind of a bummer that I don't get to hear him play very often because I really love the cello.  He is good enough now that his teacher told us not to buy a student cello, but the better quality cellos are way out of our price range so we are left trying to make do with what we have available to us.

Jameson played in his last basketball game of the season yesterday. Here is a team picture with coach Josh Jones.


Christmas is a week away. Are we ready? Nope. This next week should be interesting to say the least. Adam went to his last 6:00 a.m. Sunday meeting this morning and is excited about moving to 8:00 a.m. meetings in January. Our ward will move to the 11:00 a.m. schedule and we are all thrilled about it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You definitely have your hands full with AJ. You are in my prayers. Wish we could have heard Britton's cello performances and it would have been fun to see JMO basketball improvement. Good luck on your Christmas preparations. Thanks for posting.

Heather said...

Taking pictures of the messes is a true sanity saver! Gives you the change to look back later and laugh...:).