Thursday, November 3, 2016

Halloween

Crazy hair day at school isn't my personal fav, but the kids all seem to love it. Fortunately this year Korinne took care of it herself with this American flag/ice cream cone creation. It was definitely an original.
 
 
Britton and Jenna did well at their piano recital this week.  I didn't take a picture of Britton, but I did get video of his performance.

 
It seems as though musical recitals are always lumped together at the same time of the year.  Britton played in his first high school orchestra concert. 

 
Even though Halloween was on Monday the schools had the kids wear their costumes on Friday for obvious reasons.  Jenna was a vintage lady from the 40s.

 
And Korinne was a female pirate.

 
Jameson wore the dinosaur costume for school, and then picked a different costume for Halloween night.

 
Britton recently collected donations for the orphanage in Ethiopia for his Eagle Scout project. He was pretty excited about how much he was able to gather.  There are a lot of generous people in our ward/neighborhood.

 
On Halloween Café Rio did a "kids eat free" day so I decided to take Jameson on a lunch date.  I think he was most excited about the fact that the kids meal came with a drink.

 
That night before trick-or-treating began our neighbor Annie had all the neighbors over for a pot luck meal.  We have some really great neighbors and it was fun to get together before the craziness began.

 
Jameson decided to be the Koala Bear for Halloween night. Here he is trick-or-treating with his friend Owen.
 
 
I was more than thrilled that Jenna was willing to pass out the candy on Halloween night after getting home from ballroom dance.  She insisted on getting dressed up in her costume to do the honors.  Wow. She is way better at this festive holiday stuff than I am!
 
 
I'm not going to lie, Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  The amount of sugar floating around is insane, but I think I'm outvoted on this one. Once it is over it means that November is officially upon us.  I may or may not be ready for snow, but I'm sure it won't be too long before it is here anyway.

No comments: