I can always tell when one of my kids is attending preschool at the Child Development Lab because everything at home gets messier. Since they are encouraged at school to explore and do everything hands on it doesn't take long before I find them playing with their food and making even bigger messes than before. I know it's supposed to be good and build their brains, blah blah blah, but for me it's kind of annoying and is definitely the down side of this type of curriculum. Yeah, not getting any Mommy points for this opinion, but it's the truth.
Jameson and another painting mess. :-)
I've tried to get a good picture of Britton playing soccer for 7 years and I still don't have one. I guess running is just an easier sport to get a good action shot.
Britton had a race this week in Morgan.
Britton with a few of his fellow freshman teammates.
It was a cold day so all of the parents were in coats while the kids ran in their skimpy uniforms. It felt mean, but what can you do?
Thursday night was our annual night at AWHC. It was a beautiful night, but was cold so we broke out the coats, hats and gloves for the first time this season.
They enjoyed the first minutes of the corn maze, but soon enough my Dad declared himself to be done and took my Mom with him as he walked off the path and straight through the rows of corn to get out to the road. Yeah, he can only be lost in a maze for so long before he starts looking for an exit strategy. :-)
We finally did make it out of the maze thanks for the navigation skills of Korinne and Britton.
On Friday I went to a Relief Society overnight retreat and Adam held down the fort. I missed the first P City parade where Britton was on a float as part of the City Youth Council, but I know they all had a great time either throwing out, or receiving candy. I love it when fall is in full swing. It really is my favorite season of the year.
1 comment:
I love fall too!
Post a Comment