Sunday, April 17, 2016

I Like to Look for Rainbows

A week ago Saturday we were spontaneous and decided to go to the Blue and White spring football game at the University.  Every spring the offense plays the defense and they invite the public to come and watch.


I guess I was kind of surprised at how many people actually showed up.


It's so rare for me to be watching a football game that I decided we should document the moment.


It wasn't planned but we ran into our neighbors there which helped keep Jameson entertained with friends. Korinne was at a 4-H cooking camp so she missed out on our impromptu school spirit activity.


The rest of the day was sunny and 68 degrees which is practically summer weather if you ask the kids.  They were in swimsuits washing cars like it was a 100 degree kind of day.


We know that gorgeous spring days don't stay forever around here.  We always expect a few more cold and rainy/snowy/windy days before the warm weather is ready to stick around. Last week we had a couple of beautiful rainbows right by our house after a rain storm.



Our home teacher, Brother Hales, is about as faithful a home teacher as you get.  He is retired and has Parkinson's disease and other health issues so he can't do a lot of the things he used to do.  He was a musician and spent many years playing the organ but he can no longer play and was looking for a good home for his organ.  Knowing that our kids play the piano he called and asked us if we would be interested in having his organ.


When we first went to look at it I was surprised at how big it was, but of course the kids wanted it so it was moved to our house this week.  We put it in the nook at the bottom of our stairs and the kids are thrilled to have it.  I was happy that it came with headphones so it can still be played without being heard by everyone in the house. It will provide some practice options for the kids, which is always a good thing.  Hopefully our kids will really take the time to become proficient organists.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

What an awesome home teacher. What a beautiful organ. I hope your children will learn to play it too!