Korinne started orchestra at the beginning of the school year and this week she participated in her first orchestra concert.
There were students from 8 elementary schools playing. The group was so large I wasn't able to see Korinne on stage, but she was there somewhere.
I went to a RS progressive dinner Christmas party this week and Adam and I also attended a Christmas social hosted by the Stake Presidency for Bishoprics and Stake Leaders and their spouses. We had dinner at the temple together and then attended a session. What a great way to kick off the Christmas season.
On Saturday Britton's ThermoFisher science team competed in the finals of the Science Fair competition. They have been working on this project since September and I was more than impressed with their presentation. They figured out how to easily drill a well up to 23 m deep using a drill bit and PVC pipe and a hose instead of metals and other expensive equipment. Their system for drilling costs about $50 a well and is designed to reach small villages in Africa that are currently walking miles each day to haul water back to villages.
Britton did a fantastic job explaining the method during his portion of the presentation. When the judges asked questions at the end it was Britton that stepped up and answered all of the questions without skipping a beat. Like I said before, I was very impressed. I had no idea what they were working on Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons when I had to make an extra trip to the school to pick him up. Turns out they were getting all smart and stuff and finding ways to change the world. :-)
This team of 5 represented their school at the competition.
The amazing teachers and mentors with the team.
In the end they were rewarded with $1,000 for the science program at their school. Great job!
Britton and his best friend Collin
The project







1 comment:
Britton and his team did an impressive project. I thought they should have won!
Post a Comment