We actually had a snow storm on Monday and Jameson was pretty excited to get out and play. Snow storms have been few and far in-between this winter so he made sure to get out early before it started to melt.
Fortunately he was ok with me watching him from the window. I'm not quite as enthusiastic about playing with the white stuff as he is.
A few months ago Jenna learned about cake decorating at Activity Days. As luck would have it the YW decided to do the same thing this week so Jenna got to work on her skills yet again.
Here she is with her latest creation.
No one was more pleased with the fruits of her labors than Jameson.
Notice how he dug right in. Yeah, it was a mess.
The new high school being built by our house is coming right along and will be ready for the 2016-2017 school year.
They sent out a card this week asking for everyone to submit ideas for the name, mascot and school colors via an online survey. I must admit that ever since they announced they were building a new high school I have spent way too much time thinking about those 3 things. Why? I don't know. I just think it's cool to have my kids go to a brand new high school and I don't want the name or school mascot or colors to be lame. I've had some ideas but I'll be interested to see what comes in. Oh, and I may or may not have volunteered to be on the selection committee. :-)
Jameson and our neighbor Johnny have played together pretty much every day this week. They are a good match because Johnny is such a "go with the flow" kind of kid that he is able to take Jameson's intensity all in stride. When Jameson refuses to play anywhere but our house, Johnny doesn't have a problem with that. And when Jameson decides everything they do and screams and laughs at ear piercing levels, Johnny is just happy to be there and doesn't get upset or frightened. See how this works? They are kind of like the ying and yang--opposites in every way, but able to balance each other out.
Neither one of us like to shop so watching us in action is kind of funny. He got some much needed items that he was happy with and I'm off the hook for another few years. :-) Win-win.


2 comments:
I can't wait to see what the selection committee picks for the school name and mascot:)
Such shoppers you two! Way to go!
Post a Comment