In the last few months Jameson's speech has really come along. He is using a lot of full sentences and says funny things all of the time. He has quite the sense of humor and likes to tease his siblings. Last month he threw Adam's phone down the stairs and cracked the screen. For awhile when we would ask him who did it he would own it and say. "Me." but now when we ask him about it he will smile and say, "Jenna did it!" and start laughing.
Britton had a soccer tournament this week. It was a local tournament so we didn't have to do any traveling, which is always nice. They won their first game and then went up against 2 very good teams before being eliminated. I didn't think to take any pictures, but can tell you that playing/watching games at 1:15 in the afternoon during the month of July means you will be HOT.
They resurfaced the road in front of our house this week and closed the road completely for 24 hours. Everyone on the entire street had to park their cars on a different street and walk around the block every time they needed to go anywhere. We parked on the road behind us and make several trips through the vacant lot during the day. It wasn't too bad until I stopped at the grocery store coming home from one of Britton's games for some bread and milk and decided to get a few more things while I was there. I had forgotten all about not being able to drive into the driveway until I got to the top of the hill. Uh-oh. Hauling several bags of groceries through a field of weeds and up to our house is not my idea of a good time, but it did make me laugh when I thought about how I probably looked to anyone watching me.
Yesterday I rode the Cache Gran Fondo. It was a bike race for those who wanted to race it and a fully supported ride for the rest of us that are in it for the "food and good company." There are different distance options but I rode the full 100 miles. (Actually it ended up being 104 miles if you want to get technical) At the top of one of the summits we pulled off to re-group and had someone take a quick photo of the group.
Abby took this from the back of our pace line somewhere in Idaho. You can see all of the shadows lined up on the road. I feel very fortunate to have a group of great ladies to ride with. Our idea of fun may not be the same as others, but at least we have each other.
Here are a few pictures that were on the Gran Fondo website after the event:
That's our group cycling along the fence topped with old cowboy boots. The scenery was gorgeous!
![]() |
| Crossing the finish line. Woohoo! |
![]() |
| "Official group portrait" complete with girls holding flowers? (Weird) |
This week Jenna and Korinne started 'Fun in the Sun' which is a little summer camp type thing the city puts on. It is MWF from 9-12 for the month of July. They do all sorts of park activities, crafts, and go on several field trips. The girls absolutely love it and so do I since it is inexpensive and breaks up the summer for them. The only one who isn't a fan of it is Jameson. He misses have the girls home in the morning. It only goes up to age 11 so this will be Jenna's last year to participate.





2 comments:
100 miles - you go girl! I bet you tried to carry all the groceries in one load which made you look all the more awesome:) From Kaylynn
Congrats on that bike ride!!!
Post a Comment