Sunday, September 8, 2013

And so it begins. .

Britton came home with week with a paper that said, "Congratulations, you have been selected to be on the Thermo Fisher Science Team! Oh, and by the way [I'm paraphrasing here] you have to stay after school every Tuesday and Thursday until November. Agh, and so it begins.  If there is an academic extra curricular activity within 20 miles, Britton will find it and want to be a part of it.  I asked him how they decided who was on the team and he said you had to fill out an application, which he promptly did, of course.  I love that he wants to be a part of such things, but I don't love having to go to the school to pick him up a couple times a week. You see, I love the bus.  I love how it picks up my children and brings them right back again every single school day. The bus just makes me happy. Unfortunately, my kids keep doing activities that require me to become the bus and I don't love that quite as much. 

Korinne is hard on clothes. She wears them out, she "misplaces" them all of the time, she stains them, and she can't ever remember where they are or where they should go when she is done wearing them.  She is also very clever. At the beginning of the summer I kept noticing her in shorts I  hadn't seen before. Not only that but she seemed to have an infinite supply of them.  It took me awhile to realize that each time she couldn't find any shorts to wear in her room she would sneak into Jameson's room and find a pair of his pants.  His pants fit her just right around the waist and went right to her knee. Perfect. She wore his pants all. summer. long. This week I finally took a picture of her in his pants before she headed to school. 



She also steals his socks on a regular basis, but that is a story for another day. Good thing Jameson didn't need any of his pants this summer because it saved us from having our usual summer clothing crisis.
 

3 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Jameson's pants? Haha. That's funny.

Kristen said...

I didn't notice. Ha! Ha!

Tricia said...

Funny.