Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Return

A few weeks ago we were in American Fork for one of Britton's soccer games.  The game started at 8:30 a.m. but he had to be to the field an hour before the game so after waking in the wee hours of the morning (we stayed in SLC the night before) we found ourselves in American Fork at 7:30 a.m. with an hour to kill.  I said something like, "Too bad there isn't a single place in American Fork we know" to which Adam replied, "Well, we could go and see the place we got married." Do'h! Oh yeah, we got married at the Mount Timponogos temple located in American Fork.  Talk about a major oversight!  I kind of laugh at the fact that we chose to get married in the Mount Timponogos Temple. I understand why we did it at the time as it was a brand new temple and it was more convenient for our families to get to than the Logan temple which is where we really wanted to get married. On the down side we really have no connection to the area and hadn't been back to that temple since the day we got married.  We were a little disappointed that large portions of the temple were covered in scaffolding.  It's not that old, what are they doing to it?? Anyway, it only took 12 years, but we finally made it back.




We actually had 2 games in Utah county that day (like), the only problem was that they were about 8 hours apart (dislike).  Our pass of all passes really helped us out.  Free day at Trafalga anyone?





As you can see it was super crowded that day.  That's what you get for going to a kids establishment in Utah County on the same afternoon as a BYU game. Score!


Jameson didn't get to go on anything, but he got to be outside so he was very happy.

2 comments:

McKay Price said...

Funny...not sure why we got married there either. I guess we just thought it was different than the same old temples we had grown accustomed to. We've been back once (I think) since then.

Tricia said...

For the record. . . we got married there because I WANTED to get married there. I think it is beautiful next to the mountains!! I just learned recently that McKay didn't think it was that exciting.