My sister just moved to Myrtle Beach and now lives just minutes from the ocean. Yeah. . .we don't have that. But we do have this. . .
. . .and it is only an hour from our house. If you look directly at the water and nothing else you might think you were actually in the Caribbean. (This vision would be shattered when you stepped foot in the cold water, but that is completely beside the point.) Some friends of ours invited us to Bear Lake this last weekend and we had a great time hanging out at the beach.
The weather was perfect and it was a great way to end the summer.
A few days ago Korinne got a sliver in the bottom of her foot. She briefly mentioned something about it, but then when it didn't come up again I figured it was taken care of and all was well. By Sunday she started to limp a little and when Adam and I asked her about it she seemed confident that it would go away and didn't want us to see. The truth was that she was too scared to have anyone look at it for fear they would want to do something that would hurt. Sure enough when we took her tights off and looked at the bottom of her foot the area where the sliver was had become infected. Oh, the trauma. In an effort to keep this short I'll just mention a few of the things she said to try and get out of having us do what needed to be done.
"I know why it's all red right there, Mom, I just got sunburned on the bottom of my foot. It's ok, it's just a sunburn."
"How about I squeeze it and not you. . .it would be more accurate if I did it." Accurate? That's a good one, Korinne.
"If I just put my sock on it will feel a lot better and it will stop hurting." I'm sorry to break it to you, Korinne, but that is not how it works.
Just another reminder to take care of things right away. The longer you wait, the worse it is going to get. Life lesson #54.
2 comments:
Yes, but you have MOUNTAINS. We miss those.
I hope you were very accurate with getting the infection taken care of. I hope her foot feels better!
Post a Comment